I am guilty! I’ve been an eBay junkie for ages and clicked my way through cheap china copies, perfumes, wigs, makeup and electronics. I just love Ebay!
Ebay and Amazon are good resources when shopping for Korean skin care or makeup. Sometimes it’s difficult to to get hold of Korean products from Europe in any other way. Prices on Ebay are also often much cheaper than any online web shop, great if you like to save some money. Have you ever ordered anything on Ebay before? Here are my top tips for a safe and secure transaction.
Shop safely from Korea and Ebay
- First, open a Paypal account. Never pay directly with your credit card on Ebay or Amazon.
- Always, always pay with Paypal. It’s safe and secure and you’ll get your money back if the product never arrives, if you get the wrong item or if it’s broken.
- Use search tabs “Buy Now” and “Lowest price including shipping” to order products by the lowest total price including shipping. (No auctions to have you waiting)
- Ensure that the shipping is free or very low, for example 2 euros or less.
- Don’t always choose the cheapest product! A little research on the seller goes a long way.
- If you want to buy Korean products, only buy from a seller located in Korea and not in China (to avoid fakes).
- Make sure the seller has received really good reviews, at least 99% of satisfied customers or more.
- Make sure that the seller is well established aka a top-seller with many thousands of sales in the past.
- If the seller offers returns and money back guarantee, that’s a good sign that they are selling genuine Korean products.
- If the price is very very low, it’s most likely fake.
- Have the product in mind received any reviews? Read them to see if people are happy with the product.
- Read some of the negative comments for the seller. Fails to deliver? Any deceived buyers? Or fake products? Why where people unhappy?
- Be prepared for a delivery time of up to 2-4 weeks from Korea.
Spread the word and share
Have you already received your order from Korea? This is how to tell if your korean products are real or fake.